NORCON MARINE SERVICES
4th CLASS ENGINEER – RELIEF POSITION
ROLES & REPSONSIBILITIES
Oversees the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of the engine room machinery and equipment onboard designated vessel.
- Ensures that approved operating and safety procedures are adhered to at al times
- Keeps safety at the forefront of all activities
- Performs troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Directly responsible for the supervision, coaching and mentoring of engine room crew members
- 4TH Class Motor Certificate of Competence
- MED (Marine Emergency Duties) Certification
- Valid medical approved by Transport Canada
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent leadership, supervision, coaching and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to Travel
Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (709) 466-7454.
CAPTAIN / MASTER
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To direct vessel navigation and maneuvers.
- Ensure stability of the cargo and vessel certification
- Ensure compliance with ISM and ISO on board vessel
- Plan voyages taking into consideration the weather and ice conditions or any other circumstances deemed to influence the safety of the vessel.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate vessel operations, in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as with the Company’s objectives in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Captain/Master
- Master 500 GT, Near Coastal
- Excellent leadership, management and effective problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent navigating skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure.
By Fax: (709) 466-7454 OR in Person or by mail between 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday at:
3 Wharf Road, Clarenville, NL, A5A 2B2
Please clearly mark ATTENTION: CREWING COORDINATOR
THE BURRY GROUP OF COMPANIES
Crane Operator / Labourer – Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Operation of mobile cranes when needed
- – 80 Ton Mobile Crane
- – 40 Ton Mobile Crane
- – 15 Ton Mobile Crane
- – 30 Ton Boom Truck
- To assist and help supervisor and tradespeople with specified tasks
- Knowledge of Mechanical duties and assisting Mechanic(s)
- Cleaning & Maintenance of all areas of shipyard
- Various miscellaneous tasks as required
- Crane Operators Course/Mobile Crane Operator Certificate
- Experience is required
- Safety Courses (considered an asset):
- – WHMIS
- – Confined Space Entry
- – Fall Arrest
- Basic Computer Skills and good communication skills
- Fast Paced, work under pressure, repetitive tasks
- Team Player; Dependability; Reliability
- Committed to Safety
Please forward resume by email to: HumanResources@theburrygroup.com or by fax to (709) 466-7454.
MANTA RAY SHOP – Milton, NL
Fiber Glass Production Worker – General Labor
Manta Ray is seeking motivated employees to join our team. Ideal candidates will be able to perform highly complex lamination of fiberglass on molds to form boat decks, hulls, pilot houses, and other assemblies.
The successful candidate must have knowledge in fiberglass, resins and gelcoats. The individual must demonstrate ability to interpret job specifications, instruction manuals, and manufacturer’s handbook. Individual must have knowledge in fiberglass, resins and gelcoats.
- A minimum of one-year fiberglass experience
- Experience with chopper gun and rolling techniques
- Highly motivated team player
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Strong attention to detail
Interested candidates please send your resume to email@example.com or by fax to (709) 466-7725.